Preschool Faith Formation 3K-5K
Two Parishes! One Faith Formation!
St. Clare and St. Thomas are working together to provide Faith Formation for all our students and families. Please see the following information on both St. Thomas and St. Clare's Preschool Faith Formation 3K - 5K programs to determine which one fits the needs of your family and then use the Online Registration button to register for the program of your choice.
St. Thomas Preschool Faith Formation 3K-5K Program
The St. Thomas Aquinas Preschool Faith Formation program is an important ministry in preparing our "little people." It is our privilege and responsibility to prepare and nurture our youngest parishioners as they grow in their baptismal faith. By enrolling your preschooler, you can feel assured of having your child receive the very best in a Catholic foundation. Let us always remember and be mindful that children’s faith in Christ is nurtured by the Holy Spirit through God's Word. We are here and our staff stands ready to provide additional learning through our specifically designed Preschool Faith Formation Ministry, which is conveniently timed for families at 11:00am on Sundays. The Preschool Faith Formation Program at St. Thomas is led by Margie Schnabl.
When you look into this proactive program, you will want to keep in mind,... your three year old, four year old, and five year old (Kindergarten) . St. Thomas Preschool Faith Formation has been acclaimed by the Milwaukee Archdiocese as the most progressive and dynamic Sunday School Program in the Archdiocese.
Mission and Vision
St. Thomas Aquinas' Preschool Ministry works to foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young child. We help each child develop spiritual sensitivity through life experience at the time when the religious doctrinal approach can have little or no meaning. As a result, we see that the faith of each child is brought to consciousness in the environment of faithful Christian heritage.
We believe it is necessary to respect our preschool students as "little people," who are moving from dependence to independence in the learning process. We have also recognized that we are all co-seekers and co-learners in the learning process. We believe our program will:
- Challenge our Preschool Faith Formation students
- Stimulate their abilities as they move forward.
- Provide them with the opportunity to grow within themselves spiritually and socially in their faith and heritage.
- To offer each child an opportunity to grow and develop spiritually, physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially at his/her own pace and to celebrate the uniqueness and power particular to each child.
- To help each child develop religious sensitivity through live experience at a time when the religious doctrinal approach can have little or no meaning.
- To see that the faith of each child is brought to consciousness in the warm environment in a community of faithful Christians.
- To establish in the child's mind the importance of his/her family and his/her secure position in the family.
- To place emphasis on the beauty and sacredness of each person in the family, and to build a bridge between each child's experience of family and the family of God - the church.
- To create a bond between the family unit, the neighborhood, the community and the parish to assist the child in understanding the relationships between persons and learning in each of these areas.
- To invite Christian parents, catechists/teachers and community helpers to make an active commitment to the child's growth in faith and to place an appropriate emphasis on the necessity of early development of very young children in the educational ministry of the parish.
- To foster in children a relationship of trust with adults, so that children can, in time, accept and follow the direction and leadership offered by catechists/teachers, parents, religious and clergy.
- To stage experience-centered activities that will permit children to discover beauty in their world - in words, symbols, rituals and expressions - and to sense in these, creativity and presence of a living God.
If you're wondering what's happening in St. Thomas Aquinas' Preschool Faith Formation program, we invite you to view the link to the calendar.
St. Clare Preschool Faith Formation 3K-5K Program
The St. Clare 3K-5K program will run during following once a month Family Faith Formation Sessions...
- 9:30am- 11:30am on the 2nd Sunday of the month
- 9:30am- 11:30am on the 4th Sunday of the month
Please choose one of these sessions for your family when registering if you have a preschooler. Please refer to the Family Faith Formation page for more information and dates.
Each Session of our 3K-5K program includes Mass! An adult will accompany each student to Mass. After Mass, the student will go directly from Mass to their faith formation class. There will be a session for parents during this time as well. The students will be using the curriculum from Pflaum Gospel Weeklies .
Please contact Trista at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this program.
All catechists who work with children in either of our parishes have gone through the Safeguarding All God's Children class through the Archdiocese and have had a background check.
This is the same registration for grades 1-11. You only need to fill out the registration once per family.
The cost of registration is $80 per student.
No family is ever turned away for being unable to pay. If you can not pay in full, partial payments or payment plans can be arranged. Please fill out the Tuition Assistance Form.