Click HERE to go to the Sign-Up Genius website to sign-up for Mass the weekend of August 15-16, 2020.
Click HERE to view Bulletins or Parish Newsletters or go to the BULLETINS/NEWSLETTERS tab on the website.
Click HERE to view live stream/recorded masses and access the YouTube video library or go to the ONLINE MASSES tab on the website
Click HERE to access the weekly Worship Guide or go to the ONLINE MASSES tab on the website.
Update as of August 7, 2020
The Archdiocese recently released updated information regarding the Catholic Comeback. The Catholic Comeback outlines the Archbishop's directives each parish must follow during the pandemic. Attached below is the most recent matrix with all directives. Changes are highlighted in red within the attached matrix. A few of the highlighted changes are outlined below:
Face coverings must be worn in compliance with the Governor’s Executive Order or other municipal orders. Effective immediately, masks are REQUIRED at all Masses. Please bring a mask with you if possible. A few extra masks will be available in the Gathering space if you need one.
- Mass attendance remains limited to 25% of building capacity. Please use the online sign-up link or call the parish office to ensure we have an accurate count for each Mass.
- The parish office is now open to the public during normal business hours. Please follow all social distancing protocols.
- Parish/school buildings may now be used for parish activities, following all social distancing protocols. Please contact the rectory office if you wish to reserve a date. Cleaning supplies will be provided but groups are required to follow all cleaning safety protocols.
- Fall religious education programs will be offered with social distancing and less than 50 in attendance at a session. Small groups are encouraged. For family programs, social distancing by household. At-home and online formation will be provided options in our parishes.
- Parish fish frys can resume using extra cleaning and safety precautions. Limited number of volunteers. Workers wearing gloves and face coverings. Outdoor drive-through or curbside pick-up only. No inside pick up.
- Face coverings must be worn in compliance with the Governor’s Executive Order or other municipal orders. Wear coverings in public areas of offices.
Click HERE to read the most current Catholic Comeback Matrix vs. 5.
Update as of July 24, 2020
Sunday Mass Sign-Ups
Beginning Monday, July 27 the Mass Sign-Up Genius link will be available from 9:00 am Monday thru 11:00 am Sunday each week. We have noticed in recent weeks that more and more people are returning to Mass. We also noticed that many people are not registering in advance. We are listening to your feedback and understand that signup hours have been too limited For this reason, we are extending sign-up hours. Given that we are required to maintain 25% of our building capacity at each Mass, we encourage everyone to register in advance. As Mass attendance continues to grow, it will become important that we have an accurate count of those planning to attend. Please use the Sign-Up Genius links located on the parish website, Facebook or the parish app. If you need help, please call the parish office during normal business hours and we will help register you. Thank you for your cooperation.
Change in St. Thomas Rectory Office Hours
The rectory office will close at noon every Friday, beginning July 31 thru August 28, 2020. In recent years, the rectory office closed a noon on Fridays during summer months. This year, due to COVID, the staff remained in the office to help with various tasks including registering people for Mass if they were unable to use the online sign-up process. Call volumes have been very low on Friday afternoons to-date.
As stated above, the online sign-up hours have been expanded to accommodate more people. If you need help registering, please call the rectory office before noon on Friday as we will be returning to our normal summer hours next Friday. Thank you!
Faith Formation Fall Registration is Now Open
St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Clare Parishes are beyond excited to announce that registration for our upcoming 2020-2021 Family Faith Formation program is now open! We have worked hard to bring you a faith formation education that caters to the families of both parishes, surely to enrich your spiritual life and enjoy bonding within our one faith community. Here are just a few new features to our program this year this are definitely worth mentioning:
- In-Person Faith Formation: Family Style!
- In-person Adult Faith Formation facilitated through speakers, presentations, and other activities while students are in class.
- Virtual/homeschool options
- All-online registration
- All-online payment system with payment plan options. *Tuition assistance is offered.
To register, please check our updated Faith Formation pages on the St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Clare website.
For further questions, please contact one of our Faith Formation directors:
Margie Schnabl - St. Thomas Preschool Faith Formation
Trista Minezes - St. Clare Preschool Faith Formation
Trista Minezes - St. Thomas/St. Clare Elementary Faith Formation
Thaddeus Loduha - St. Thomas 7th-11th grade Faith Formation
Maureen LeGros - St. Clare 7th-11th grade Faith Formation
PLEASE NOTE: We recognize directives regarding classroom learning for Fall, 2020 are very fluid at this time. Our primary objective will always be to provide the safest environment possible as well as a dynamic learning opportunity for all. Although we are uncertain what form our session will take (i.e. In-person, homeschool, virtual, etc.) please be assured we are working hard to offer options that are in alignment with all Archdiocesan, CDC and State directives. We ask for your patience and understanding as we monitor and adapt to the information in the coming months. We look forward to connecting with everyone the coming months, no matter what form this takes and commit to sharing more information as it becomes available.
Extension of Sunday Mass Dispensation
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to present challenges as our churches have been opened to the public. Although we continue to remain in Phase One, the Archdiocese of Milwaukee continues to update The Catholic Comeback Matrix. Archbishop Listecki has extended the Sunday Mass obligation dispensation to September 6, 2020. CLICK HERE to read the most current Catholic Comeback Matrix.
Do you or someone you know need assistance????
Events that have unfolded over the past few weeks are unprecedented and remind us more than ever to keep our faith with God. During this unusual time, St. Thomas Aquinas would like to help.
If you or someone you know needs assistance over the next few weeks, please contact our parish office at 262-534-2255. Whether it be grocery shopping, walking your dog or just talking to someone on the phone, please call our parish office and we will put you in touch with one of our volunteers. We know there may be elderly people or people at higher risk who cannot leave their homes or are unable to find the supplies they desperately need. Please reach out and we will be there!
Also, for those willing to help with this outreach ministry, please call the parish office and offer your time/talent. We will get through this with our faith and our love for each other.